Sustainable battery production in the 21st century – geopolitics and emissions
An electric future is impossible without batteries. What is the status of the value chain for sustainable battery production? Who are the winners and who will be lagging behind? China is dominating the value chain today, but Europe and the United States have high ambitions. Will they be able to compete and what policies will help, but possible also hinder these ambitions?
Julia Poliscanova from Transport & Environment will address this in his keynote. Furthermore, a sustainable battery production is only sustainable in the full meaning of the word if the entire value chain is mapped and vouched for. This is what Circulor does for international OEMs. Additionally, we will hear from the CEO of Morrow Batteries how they plan to produce some of the greenest batteries on the market from their giga factory in Norway.
- Julia Poliscanova, Senior Director Vehicles and Emobility, Transport & Environment
- Odd Steinar Åfar Viseth, State Secretary (Labour Party), Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries.
- Karolin Langfeldt, Business Development Director, Circulor
- Dr. Rahul Fotedar, Chief Technology Officer, Morrow Batteries
- Ilka von Dalwigk, Policy Manager, European Battery Alliance and EIT InnoEnergy
Moderator: Helene Sommerset Busengdal, Norwegian EV Association
Odd Steinar Åfar Viseth is State Secretary (Labour Party) at the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. He has previously also been State Secretary at the Norwegian Ministry for Transport as well as been Director for Public Transport at Nordland County Council.Read More »